1 Troy Oz Buffalo Round OZ Mint First ever Struck .999 Silver W/Airtite
1 oz Buffalo Silver Round
This 1 oz Buffalo Silver Round design is based on the original Buffalo nickel, minted from 1913-1938. The Buffalo nickel was designed by James Earle Fraser and was immediately received with high acclaim. Even to this day buffalo nickels remain a favorite of collectors.
Fraser's new design began with a series of sketches, which he submitted for approval. He was pleased that the Native American Buffalo sketches were selected from the three. As he later reflected on his choice of the coin's design, he indicated that he wanted to display a uniquely American theme. He decided upon a portrait of a North American Indian, and the American buffalo (bison).
With this Buffalo Silver Round, we can continue to appreciate the remarkable contribution of Fraser's original design.
These are the first Batch production of OZ Mints own integral design of the highly sought after stackable Buffalo Silver Rounds featuring a Proof finish
- 1 oz Buffalo Silver Round.
- Proof Finish
- Incredible, true to original design detail insured by our master artists and design team!
- Contains: 1 Troy oz of .999 fine silver.
- Produced by Oz Mint
- Obverse: Features a recreation of James Earl Fraser's original Native American head profile. The nicely detailed image completely fills the field, with "LIBERTY" inscribed at the right and our OZ mint logo to the left lower field.
- Reverse: Also based on the original design, the featured image is a large American Bison (buffalo) standing on a raised mound. Inscribed above the Buffalo says "ONE TROY OUNCE" and below says ".999 FINE SILVER"
Why Silver Rounds?
Silver bullion rounds have long been a sound choice for precious metals investors. Due to lower production costs, they generally have a smaller premium as compared to the same troy oz of silver coins. This, of course, results in less expensive upfront investment costs.
Silver rounds are available in many highly recognizable designs, making them very appreciated gift items. With an ever-growing selection, you will always find just the right match for every birthday, anniversary, and Thank-You opportunity. They are also a more budget-sensitive way to introduce your children to a life-long appreciation of coin collecting.