2019 AUSTRALIA Centenary of First Flight MS70 2oz Silver Coin
translation missing: en.products.product.price.regular_price $250.00
translation missing: en.products.product.price.sale_price $250.00 translation missing: en.products.product.price.regular_price
This innovative and exciting new coin celebrates the 100th anniversary of the first flight from England to Australia.
The first flight from England to Australia touched down in Darwin on December 10, 1919. Piloting an open air cockpit Vickers aircraft, Captain Ross Smith, Lieutenant Keith Smith and Sergeants Wally Shiers and James Bennett made the 17,910 kilometer flight in 28 days. The amazing feat in long-distance aviation was the catalyst to develop domestic air routes across northern Australia.
- Contains 2 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- This coin is graded MS-70 by PCGS with the designation of First Strike.
- Limited mintage of 2,000 coins.
- Obverse: The Jody Clark effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the monetary denomination, the coin, weight and fineness, and the 2019 year-date are shown on the coin obverse. The propeller inset is bordered by a pattern of lines portraying wind and movement.
- Reverse: Depicts a map with the flight route marked above an illustration of a mountainous landscape. In the foreground is a representation of the Vickers aircraft. The center of the coin features a propeller inset. The design includes The Perth Mint, mint mark and the inscription ‚CENTENARY OF FIRST FLIGHT‚ and ‚ENGLAND TO AUSTRALIA.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
This coin has been individually to give it a unique finish conveying the surface abrasions of an ancient artifact. As a result of this treatment, the appearance of each coin may vary.
|Date of issue:||2019|